January 31, 2009

Invitations: Print Lane Printing Press

Contact Person: Ms. Beth
Contact Number: 7272551
Peso Power: Php15,000 + Php4,800 (for shipping)
Inclusions: 200 pcs Main Invitation, 200 pcs Entourage Card, 200 pcs Envelope with dry emboss of date at the flap, 100 pcs Outer Envelope, 100 pcs RSVP card w/ envelope(envelope with print) and 100 pcs RSVP card only.
Rating : 8




I was shocked with how expensive invitations could be. When I was originally setting a budget for the invitation, I thought 10K is going to be more than enough. I was so wrong! When I visited The Write Impression and The Printsonalities, I got quotations for an invitation at Php170 and up. I knew I didn't want to spend that much.

We wanted a simple, elegant looking invitation. Luckily, I read about Print Lane. For the same invitation I asked from previous suppliers mentioned, I was quoted the amount of Php60 per invitation. not bad at all! I made three trips to Print Lane in Aurora Blvd, simply because i could not seem to decide on the invitation that I like. Since, my then fiancee now husband was abroad, i was to decide alone and he helped me a bit by giving me an approval through the pictures I sent him.

The proofing was done through email and we (meaning dino, me and another artist from his work) came up with the map. After proofing it took about 2 weeks for the invitations to be ready. When I picked up the invitations, I like that it looked really classy. I noticed though that they forgot the embossed border for the main invite. Then Ms. Beth told me that during the proofing it was not there but she does remember that when we agreed on the design, we wanted the embossed border on the main invite. It would take another 2 weeks for them to redo the invites and since I had to send half of the invites to the US, I can't afford to wait for another 2 weeks. We just agreed to having additional invites. After a month, I had to order extra envelopes since and they were able to provide me with my order after 4 days.

Things to Consider: Be very thorough with the proofing. All instructions in writing because Ms. Beth is kinda forgetful and you just want to make sure you have everything written.

No comments: