February 5, 2009

Gown & Barong : Amonn Velasco

Contact number: 09175751604
Contact person: Amonn and Danica
Peso Power: Php50,000
Inclusions: Bridal gown, bag, veil, 2 pillows, garter, cord
Groom's Barong - Pina Orig
Father of the Groom Barong
Mother of the Bride Gown
1 Principal Sponsor Gown
2 Maid of Honor Gown
2 Bridesmaid Gown
3 Secondary Sponsor Gown
2 Flower Girl Gown
Rating: 8






I honestly didn't want to spend that much for my gown. My reasoning is, I only get to wear it once. After the wedding, wala naman na so feeling ko sayang ang pera. I was willing to find a supplier in divisoria but none of those I met really impressed me. I went to a couple other suppliers like Noe Reyes and Bridal Factory. I was suppose to get Noe but it took him 2 weeks to provide me with the initial sketch of the gown tapos my mom was not really impressed by his work. With Bridal Factory naman, the quote given was higher of that than Amonn's pero feeling namin parang we would get a better deal with Amonn kaya we booked him. Amonn has his share of very bad rating at w@w. All this came out after I have booked him. Pero, I have this attitude of thinking positive and trusting my suppliers kaya I went ahead with my transactions with him. Plus the fact that I NEVER had a bad experience with Amonn. Most of our visits sa shop nya, we would have to wait talaga kasi dami customers.

Most of my ento are based abroad kaya email lang ang measurements. Only 2 of my ento, my mom and i ang sinukatan talaga ni Amonn. Unlike all other brides, I only had 1 fitting of my Gown and that was a month before the wedding na ata. If your a bride na gusto mo lagi fitting ang gown, hindi ka for amonn. The next time i fitted my gown, 3 days before the wedding na. To be honest, it did cross my mind na matatapos kaya ang gown ko considering i booked him August. But since his dealings with me are all nice and he would always send me assuring messages everytime I'ld text him, I knew that he would deliver well. Major stress pa that one Secondary Sponsor backed out 2 weeks before the wedding. I had to find a replacement who was atleast as big as her. Problem pa that the cut for her gown was empire since she was preggy. Dito ko din talaga na stress ng todo si Amonn. Good thing that one of my cousins was a perfect replacement.

Most of my entourage had adjustments sa gown nila. Depends din talaga kasi on who did the measurement abroad. Pero after the initial fitting ng Jan 2, we were all able to get the gowns by Jan 4. Not at all bad. In 2 days natapos lahat ng adjustment and beadwork. I think major problem lang was one Secondary Sponsor who's gown was super sikip sa bust area. We all know that it's easier magsikip ng gown that magluwag. Dino had his barong measurements when he arrived Dec 21. With barong's naman it's easy to make so we just waited for him to get here to be measured kasi I want a perfect fit for his barong.

I love my gown and everybody says na maganda talaga sya. I never expected it to be like that but it turned out to be really nice. Same goes with my mom's and ento gowns. Both Dino and my Dad loved their barong. Included with the barongs are their pants.

Both Amonn and Danica (his assistant) went to the hotel for the preps. They arrived medyo late which stressed out a lot of people since they had with them the mannequin and they still had to iron my gown. Ako, deadma. teehee. They helped us out a lot during the preps and super assist din sila during my pictorials, in preparation for my march and before the reception.

No comments: