February 4, 2009

Reception: Blue Leaf Events Pavillion

Reception Venue : Blue Leaf - Silk Pavillion
Contact Number: 898- BLUE
Contact Person:Ms. Eia Dy
Peso Power : Php 76,500 (rental of Silk Pavilion, 90K is the original rate) + 1,000 (payment for the LCD technician) + 20,000 (refundable security deposit)
Inclusions: 5 hours use of the venue, 2 hours ingress, 1 hour egress, 2400 lumens LCD projector with 8x8 screen, Sound system (did not avail), pavilion lounge, free use of stage
Rating : 9




We went to a lot of possible reception venues but sa lahat ng nakita ko, Blue Leaf talaga pinaka gusto ko. When i learned of rates ng Blue Leaf, I thought it was too expensive considering venue lang talaga sya. I went to check out North Forbes Park...nagustuhan ko din sya but my problem was on who would sponsor us. I considered other clubhouses but i thought i would also have to hire a event stylist so baka my expenses would actually sum up to be the same if we go for BlueLeaf. When Dino gave me the go signal to book Blue Leaf, super happy talaga ako. We also considered having our reception at Dusit or Crowne since we thought the expenses might actually be the same but i was medyo worried about the food. Minsan kasi pag functions na, the food does not turn out to be that good.

I never had a problem dealing with Eia. Since my wedding was on a weekday, they also gave me a discount. I had to pay for the LCD technician, i don't know ano naging role nya for the day but just the same I didn't want to take the chance of not hiring one. My only disappointment talaga was the electricity. I considered just taping sa breaker nila since wala naman kami kasabay na event but i didn't want to take the risk either so i just got a genset (from sensitivity). Parking was not a problem for our guests din since we were the only event that night.

We got our security deposit 2 days after the wedding. I just called the office to check if everything was okay and if had incurred any additional charges. They said wala naman and that we could pick up the check we left as security deposit. Since we were to leave for cebu na, my dad just got it after dropping as off at the airport.

Things to consider: If not for the hassle with the electricity, I would have rated them a 10. That's really my only issue with them because it was something that was never mentioned when I was inquiring or even when I was reserving. I only knew of it after talking to MeAnne of Sensitivity and reading posts at w@w.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what problem did you encounter with their electricity?

thanks,
abbie olano
agolano@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Located at the posh neighborhood of Bonifacio Global City’s McKinley Hills is a wedding venue ideal for majestic occasions set in a 5,000 square meter property. The Blue Leaf has three contemporary Asian-inspired pavilions designed with spacious interiors against a backdrop of luscious greeneries. The pavilions are fully air-conditioned, has a sound system, a lounge, caterer’s area, an LCD projector with 8’x8’ screen, spacious parking area, and security, engineering and maintenance staff during the event. Each pavilion is designed to accommodate guests ideal for grand and intimate weddings.

Tanya said...

Sayang hindi kayo natuloy sa North Forbes Pavilion pero okay di naman sa Blue Leaf events place :) May I know your caterer? Thanks